Call for Applications invited for the Global Youth Forum-Bali, Indonesia
Applications are invited for Global Youth Forum at Bali, Indonesia which will be held on 4th-6th of December.The ICPD Beyond 2014 Global Youth Forum aims to address these questions and represents the peak of efforts by UN agencies, young people and civil society to translate the participatory aspirations of the 1994 International Conference on Population and Development (ICPD) into a sustainable youth advocacy network. Specifically, it seeks to tackle emerging issues and priorities for young people globally and ensure that these issues are central to the outcomes of the ICPD review process.
The Global Youth Forum is being delivered in full partnership with youth advocates and will bring together all stakeholders to make recommendations that will influence the global development agenda for the next 20 years.
Eligibility & Criteria-
- A leader, or emerging leader, currently working at national level in an area that contributes to ICPD Programme of Action?
- working in a paid or voluntary capacity for a civil society organisation engaged in policy development at national and local levels?
- working in a paid or voluntary capacity for organisations that have a demonstrable national and/or international reach and mandate
- Able to demonstrate outstanding youth advocacy and networking capabilities with experience high level of achievement in these areas across a wide variety of environment
- Below the age of 30
- leadership experience
- innovation in the arena of policy development and application
- desire to contribute to and improve the leadership potential of the civil society sector
- willingness to learn
- eagerness to lead debate and discussions during the Global Youth Forum
- commitment to follow-up activities.
All participants must have a valid passport with a minimum of 1 year until expiry. While applicants under the age of 30 will be considered, particularly encourage young people between the ages of 18 and 24 to apply.
For more information, visit this link
Deadline- 15th September 2012
Countries/Region- All Countries