SAA Cadet Pilot Development Programme
||South African Airways (Pty) Ltd.
||Temporary / Contract
||01 January 2013
||As per Rules and Regulations of the Training Bond
|South African Airways (SAA) is providing an opportunity to aspiring pilots to participate in the SAA Cadet Pilot Development Programme. This Programme aims to provide successful candidates with the prospect of obtaining a Commercial Pilot Licence funded by SAA. Individuals from previously disadvantaged backgrounds will be considered for participation in this programme.
- Matric Certificate/Final Grade 12 results/N3 or relevant tertiary qualifications (SAQA accredited)
Compulsory subjects include:
- Mathematics or Statistics 101
- Physical Science
(These subjects to be passed on D symbol on Higher Grade or C symbol on Standard Grade or Level 5 and above)
- Candidates with/without previous flying experience/valid pilot licence will be considered
- Must pass a security competency assessment
- Must be a South African citizen
- Must be willing to relocate for approximately 54 weeks
- Must sign a training bond
|Upon completion, successful cadets will be required to seek employment in the aviation sector in order to gain further experience and obtain an Airline Transport Pilot Licence. Once sufficient flying experience has been obtained and should suitable vacancies arise in SAA, successful cadets will be eligible to apply for an appropriate position in line with SAA’s recruitment and selection processes.
Involvement in the Cadet Pilot Development Programme does not guarantee employment at SAA.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Judgement and Decision making
- Problem solving ability
- Maximum of 27 years old at time of application
- At least 1.6 metres tall
- Technically orientated
- Must be medically fit
- Good hand-eye coordination
- Highly motivated
- Ability to work under pressure
- Confident and assertive
- Comprehensive Curriculum Vitae including details of race and nationality
- Aviation training records (where applicable)
- A summary of all the types of aircraft flown and the number of hours flown in each type (where applicable)
- Certified copies of the following:
o Matric certificate
o South African Identity Document/South African Passport
o Tertiary Qualification (where applicable)
o Last page of Pilot logbook (where applicable)
o Pilot Licence (where applicable)
- Passport photograph
Please note: SAA is committed to Employment Equity and all appointments will be made in this context.
Candidates will be expected to undergo pre-employment assessments.
Closing date: 17 August 2012.
For any response handling query regarding your application, kindly contact +27 11 628 0353.
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING:
- The onus is on the applicant to prove that he/she meets the minimum requirements, therefore please ensure that your CV is detailed enough, in other words, makes reference to qualifications, knowledge, skills, experience (inclusive of duties, tenure, designation etc.) and attributes.
- Please note that no applications will be accepted without a certified copy of the applicant’s ID and all relevant qualifications.
- Closing date will be on 2012-08-17 at 15H00 Please be mindful of the closing date as NO late applications will be considered.
- SAA reserves the right not to make an appointment to any of the positions contained in this advert.
- Should you not receive a response in 21 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
To apply go to aviation jobs on http://www.pnet.co.za/