Are you a Star- enter the Grand Challenges Canada Stars Programm
This unique program enables innovators in low- and lower-middle-income countries and Canada to develop their bold idea with big impact to improve global health conditions.
We are seeking ideas that reflect the full spectrum of global health including drug discovery, medical devices and diagnostics, vaccine development, health and medical education, maternal and child health, non-communicable diseases (including mental health and cancer), information communication technologies, health-related water and sanitation, and agriculture.
Awards are initially valued at $100,000 CAD for up to 12-18 months to demonstrate proof-of-concept of the idea. Upon successful review of proposals at 12-18 months after the initial award is granted, scale-up grants of up to $1 million CAD may be awarded with potential linkages to private sector investments.
We are looking for innovative ideas to address complex real-world challenges that involve a scientific or technological solution (new or existing) alone or in combination with social and/or business innovations. We call this approach Integrated Innovation.
From a Social Innovation perspective – are there social innovations (including health systems, the determinants of health, ethical/social/cultural/legal frameworks, public policies, leadership and human resources among others) that will be necessary to bring the scientific/technological solutions that are developed to scale in local communities in an appropriate manner?
From a Business Innovation perspective – are there appropriate business systems in place to produce and deliver the scientific/technological solution at an affordable pricepoint?
Application Deadline: September 5, 2012 3:00 p.m. EDT
Click on the “Apply Now” button or visit http://applications.grandchallenges.ca/ to register and begin your application. Once you are a registered user, you can exit your application before it is complete. By signing in with your email address and password you can continue to work on your application.
- Request for Proposals (Round 4, Phase 1 – May 2012)
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Application Question List
|SAMPLE SUBMISSION VIDEOIn this short video, Dr. Karlee Silver, Program Officer at Grand Challenges Canada, explains our bold idea with big impact, the Stars in Global Health program.
- 278,555 hits
- How to make the most of a financial windfall, eg a bonus. fb.me/36SK3Af1Q 1 day ago
- Overseas Research Scholarships at University College London in UK, 2015 fb.me/1rJfrtJER 2 days ago
- Beitbridge border post is experiencing a significant decline in volumes of imported used cars following a 20... fb.me/3xeU3qAuM 2 days ago
- If you arr feeling like you are just a whisper in a world that is much too loud, don't forget whose child you... fb.me/2AFNJM6Bj 3 days ago
- Which Side of the Victoria Falls to visit? fb.me/2TT1Z7zby 5 days ago
BECOME A MICRO FRANCHISOR
- Overseas Research Scholarships at University College London in UK, 2015
- Zimbabwe – Sharp Decline in Vehicle Imports
- Swimming in the Victoria Falls
- Pan-African Awards for Entrepreneurship in Education: US$75,000 to Innovative projects Combating Poverty
- How to become Emirates Cabin Crew
- How to become a Cabin Crew Member
- How Long Does it take to become an airline Pilot
- The best places to be an expat
- Top Energy Business Ideas
- Top Business Opportunities in Zimbabwe
- Zimbabwe's Rich List
- Zimbabwe's Rich List 2013
- How to Buy a Zimbabwean Drivers License
- Presidential Scholarships 2015
- How to start a transport business
- Get that Scholarship
- Zimbabwe, the second poorest country in the world
- Importing to Zimbabwe, here are the rates for commonly imported goods
- Running a Profitable Transport Business
- Pilot training schools in Zimbabwe
Blogs I Follow
The information included in this blog is designed to provide general information only. While every effort is made to ensure that information provided is accurate, it does not constitute legal or other professional advice. The views of this blog are the personal opinion of the authors and may not represent the views of PBA. The photo's on this site have been provided by various internet sites, provided by external professionals or personally taken by the zimdev team and contributors. We endeavor to also link/mention the original source, but if information or photos have been presented in a negative manner, please let us know and it will be removed immediately.