Are you a Star- enter the Grand Challenges Canada Stars Programm
This unique program enables innovators in low- and lower-middle-income countries and Canada to develop their bold idea with big impact to improve global health conditions.
We are seeking ideas that reflect the full spectrum of global health including drug discovery, medical devices and diagnostics, vaccine development, health and medical education, maternal and child health, non-communicable diseases (including mental health and cancer), information communication technologies, health-related water and sanitation, and agriculture.
Awards are initially valued at $100,000 CAD for up to 12-18 months to demonstrate proof-of-concept of the idea. Upon successful review of proposals at 12-18 months after the initial award is granted, scale-up grants of up to $1 million CAD may be awarded with potential linkages to private sector investments.
We are looking for innovative ideas to address complex real-world challenges that involve a scientific or technological solution (new or existing) alone or in combination with social and/or business innovations. We call this approach Integrated Innovation.
From a Social Innovation perspective – are there social innovations (including health systems, the determinants of health, ethical/social/cultural/legal frameworks, public policies, leadership and human resources among others) that will be necessary to bring the scientific/technological solutions that are developed to scale in local communities in an appropriate manner?
From a Business Innovation perspective – are there appropriate business systems in place to produce and deliver the scientific/technological solution at an affordable pricepoint?
Application Deadline: September 5, 2012 3:00 p.m. EDT
Click on the “Apply Now” button or visit http://applications.grandchallenges.ca/ to register and begin your application. Once you are a registered user, you can exit your application before it is complete. By signing in with your email address and password you can continue to work on your application.
- Request for Proposals (Round 4, Phase 1 – May 2012)
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Application Question List
|SAMPLE SUBMISSION VIDEOIn this short video, Dr. Karlee Silver, Program Officer at Grand Challenges Canada, explains our bold idea with big impact, the Stars in Global Health program.
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
- Joshua Nkomo Scholarships opening soon
- 700 Scholarships for 167 Countries by Korean Government 2017
- The Tony Elumelu Entrepreneurship Program
- Five High paying South African jobs that don’t need a degree
- Casual workers for hire
- Casual Worker Database
- Apply for the Muzindahub Digital Training Program
- What do bond notes mean to the ordinary Zimbabwean
- Commonwealth Scholarships for UK universities
- Oxford University Scholarship and Leadership Programme
- Getting a Zimbabwean Passport and ID
- How to start a transport business
- Zimbabwe's Rich List
- How to Buy a Zimbabwean Drivers License
- 199 Companies offering Apprenticeships in Zimbabwe
- Importing to Zimbabwe, here are the rates for commonly imported goods
- Pilot training schools in Zimbabwe
- Delta 2016 Apprenticeship intake
- How Long Does it take to become an airline Pilot
- Zimbabwean Broke after winning SA lotto- How to spend $1million in two days
The information included in this blog is designed to provide general information only. While every effort is made to ensure that information provided is accurate, it does not constitute legal or other professional advice. The views of this blog are the personal opinion of the authors and may not represent the views of PBA. The photo's on this site have been provided by various internet sites, provided by external professionals or personally taken by the zimdev team and contributors. We endeavor to also link/mention the original source, but if information or photos have been presented in a negative manner, please let us know and it will be removed immediately.