Are you a Star- enter the Grand Challenges Canada Stars Programm
This unique program enables innovators in low- and lower-middle-income countries and Canada to develop their bold idea with big impact to improve global health conditions.
We are seeking ideas that reflect the full spectrum of global health including drug discovery, medical devices and diagnostics, vaccine development, health and medical education, maternal and child health, non-communicable diseases (including mental health and cancer), information communication technologies, health-related water and sanitation, and agriculture.
Awards are initially valued at $100,000 CAD for up to 12-18 months to demonstrate proof-of-concept of the idea. Upon successful review of proposals at 12-18 months after the initial award is granted, scale-up grants of up to $1 million CAD may be awarded with potential linkages to private sector investments.
We are looking for innovative ideas to address complex real-world challenges that involve a scientific or technological solution (new or existing) alone or in combination with social and/or business innovations. We call this approach Integrated Innovation.
From a Social Innovation perspective – are there social innovations (including health systems, the determinants of health, ethical/social/cultural/legal frameworks, public policies, leadership and human resources among others) that will be necessary to bring the scientific/technological solutions that are developed to scale in local communities in an appropriate manner?
From a Business Innovation perspective – are there appropriate business systems in place to produce and deliver the scientific/technological solution at an affordable pricepoint?
Application Deadline: September 5, 2012 3:00 p.m. EDT
Click on the “Apply Now” button or visit http://applications.grandchallenges.ca/ to register and begin your application. Once you are a registered user, you can exit your application before it is complete. By signing in with your email address and password you can continue to work on your application.
- Request for Proposals (Round 4, Phase 1 – May 2012)
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Application Question List
|SAMPLE SUBMISSION VIDEOIn this short video, Dr. Karlee Silver, Program Officer at Grand Challenges Canada, explains our bold idea with big impact, the Stars in Global Health program.
- RT @CynicHarare: Gushungo Dairy has won again at Agric Show. Again, the prize was handed over to the owner of Gushungo Dairy, by the owner… 1 hour ago
- RT @YNaija: 'I'm so grateful to get a chance to visit & hear what you guys are doing' -Mark Zuckerberg in Nigeria @cchubnigeria https://t.c… 1 hour ago
- RT @indego_africa: Calling all number-crunching, data-loving friends! Finance #internship avail this fall --> bit.ly/2coK2iX https… 2 hours ago
- RT @wef: The most expensive cities for expats – and there's a new one at the top of the ranking wef.ch/2c1aHkg https://t.co/5motrt… 2 hours ago
- RT @hallaboutafrica: I am here at SADC Heads of State Summit, Swaziland. Press fixated on when Mugabe will next slip, fall. As of 1pm Tues… 3 hours ago
- Applications are open for the 2017/2018 CHEVENING AWARDS
- List of Scholarships for Zimbabwean Students
- Scholarships to pursue full-time MBA program at Melbourne Business School (MBS).
- The University of Oxford Skoll Scholarships for MBA students
- 2016 Cargo Carriers Apprentice Intake
- Worrying Death Toll on Zimbabwe Roads
- Introduction to Financial and Management Accounting Prep Course-ACCA
- IELTS Academic Test Preparation
- Free Permanent Residency for International Students in South Africa
- Getting a Zimbabwean Passport Outside Zimbabwe
- Getting a Zimbabwean Passport and ID
- How to start a transport business
- Delta 2016 Apprenticeship intake
- How to Buy a Zimbabwean Drivers License
- Zimbabwe's Rich List
- Pilot training schools in Zimbabwe
- Importing to Zimbabwe, here are the rates for commonly imported goods
- 199 Companies offering Apprenticeships in Zimbabwe
- Angel Business Opportunity- Sell Branded Clothing, Homeware, Christian Books etc
- Get that Scholarship
The information included in this blog is designed to provide general information only. While every effort is made to ensure that information provided is accurate, it does not constitute legal or other professional advice. The views of this blog are the personal opinion of the authors and may not represent the views of PBA. The photo's on this site have been provided by various internet sites, provided by external professionals or personally taken by the zimdev team and contributors. We endeavor to also link/mention the original source, but if information or photos have been presented in a negative manner, please let us know and it will be removed immediately.