Be the solution to the problem
When it comes to taking action, there are three types of people, those who MAKE IT HAPPEN, those who let it happen waiting for someone else to fix it and those who wonder what happened. Everyone was created to fix a problem. The late Wangari Maathai loved trees but also realized that there was a problem, trees were being cut down and not replanted, so she started a green revolution that saw millions of trees planted, lives changed and a noble accolade being bestowed to her, the Nobel Prize. Steve Jobs was passionate about technology and even after his passing, apple continues to change our world. Our lives as we knew them have changed. This is all thanks to the late Steve Jobs. Bill Gates, has changed our lives, he wanted to see a computer in every house. His problem may have been that people didn’t have access to technology and computers. Today almost every home has at least one computer.
What some of us may see as a problem is challenge to another person and a call to action. If we all take action where our inner selves demand action, many problems faced by society would be irradiated . We are all different and different things speak to us. I have to confess that although I feel it is wrong to kill rhino’s, I do not have a driving passion to save the rhino. Hunger speaks to me, infant mortality, disease, poverty, waterborne diseases and Africa in general nudge at my being and demand a response from me. Others are called towards technology. The Wright brothers wanted to get flying. After falling from the sky countless times, they made inroads into creating the first plane.
Each of us was created to solve problem that is far bigger than we are. Our lives were not created to be inward focused but to be outward focused, to look to beyond yourself to others and to greater needs. Man was created for a purpose. When something is used for something it was not created for abuse happens. Are we abusing ourselves by using our lives for things they were not created for. Purpose gives direction and focus. What we do we do with our lives impacts humanity. We may be green revolutionaries, techies, doctors and teachers who will change the world.
Instead of complaining about things that are not right or being done properly, we can take ownership of the problem and do something about it. If roads are irritating you so much, you may be the person to do something about the bad state of roads. Maybe it is the state of hospitals, schools, public amenities, parks and so on. entrepreneurs can take advantage of gaps in market to create businesses that serve that gap. Maybe the fact that there is no McDonald’s in Zimbabwe could be your mission to bring and run McDonald’s in Zimbabwe. Social entrepreneurs take up social problems and create profit making businesses that aid in solving everyday problems. Be the solution you want to see!
- All I can is the 'one million people were extremely silent, only a few claps from the wealthy elite by the podium??? #thisflag 6 days ago
- RT @TheCEOMagZim: What will the day after the march be like? Will we have more jobs/higher industry capacity, zero corruption #ThisFlag Or… 6 days ago
- RT @Webster_IM: Am kinda hoping the #OurFlag march goes well 2moro so the other side can step it up a notch: 2 million man march for #ThisF… 6 days ago
- RT @wadziefadzie: So there's notices in my res at UZ announcing free transport to the million man march. How about they announce 1 million… 6 days ago
- RT @ali_naka: After the "Million March" - It's back to REALITY #ThisFlag 6 days ago
- Introduction to Financial and Management Accounting Prep Course-ACCA
- IELTS Academic Test Preparation
- Free Permanent Residency for International Students in South Africa
- Getting a Zimbabwean Passport Outside Zimbabwe
- Barclays launches incubation programme for young entrepreneurs
- Trio arrested for soliciting Presidential Scholarship Bribes
- University of California is offering FREE online course on Marketing Analytics
- Cardiff University Studentship in Mathematics PhD degree programme
- London Business School is inviting applications for Sloan Masters Scholarships
- Canada Science and Technology Internship Program for the year 2016
- How to start a transport business
- Getting a Zimbabwean Passport and ID
- How to Buy a Zimbabwean Drivers License
- Zimbabwe's Rich List
- Pilot training schools in Zimbabwe
- Delta 2016 Apprenticeship intake
- Zimbabwean Broke after winning SA lotto- How to spend $1million in two days
- Running a Profitable Transport Business
- Importing to Zimbabwe, here are the rates for commonly imported goods
- SME LOANS AVAILABLE
The information included in this blog is designed to provide general information only. While every effort is made to ensure that information provided is accurate, it does not constitute legal or other professional advice. The views of this blog are the personal opinion of the authors and may not represent the views of PBA. The photo's on this site have been provided by various internet sites, provided by external professionals or personally taken by the zimdev team and contributors. We endeavor to also link/mention the original source, but if information or photos have been presented in a negative manner, please let us know and it will be removed immediately.