Spider: Seed funding available for ICT4D Projects
The Swedish Program for ICT in Developing Regions (Spider) is offering catalytic seed funding to innovative projects focused on Information, Communication and Technology for Development (ICT4D). Organizations seeking this funding should submit innovative and experimental projects.
Following are the thematic areas and their crosscutting issues under this grant opportunity:
- democracy: e-government, e-governance and ICT for empowerment
- education: education management, e-learning and digital literacy
- health: healthcare management, e-health and public health
Crosscutting ICT issues:
- low cost and high quality technology free and open source software (FOSS)
- mobile technology for development (M4D)
Crosscutting development issues:
- youth empowerment
- cultural creativity
- capacity development
Spider will provide support to projects implemented in any one of the twelve priority countries for Swedish development cooperation: Bangladesh, Bolivia, Burkina Faso, Cambodia, Ethiopia, Kenya, Mali, Mozambique, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda, and Zambia.
Proposals can be submitted anytime. For more information, visit this link.