Opportunity: Graduate School Scholarship Programme: 2013
University of Leipzig is pleased to invite non-German applicants for Graduate School ScholarshipProgramme(DAAD) in Germany. The purpose of thisprogram is to provide scholarships which are directly awarded to PhD students by DAAD.
- scholarship aid granted by DAAD for a period of up to three years, or even of up to four years in case of PhD students from developing or threshold countries (thegrant will initially be awarded for one year; an extension of the grant period will depend on positive evaluation of efforts made during the first year)
- scholarship amount of EUR 1,000 per month
- travel allowance depending on region of origin
- combined health, accident and third-party liability insurance
- student and research allowance of EUR 460 per year
- rent or family allowance, if applicable
- application form
- letter of application for the PhD- study programme expressing motivation for the selection of this particular programme by the applicant
- thesis proposal with time table and bibliography of relevant state of the art (approx. 4000 words)
- copies of certificates concerning successful graduation from university (master, magister or similar)
- two letters of reference from qualified academics
Eligibility & Criteria-
These scholarships are reserved for non-German applicants who have not been so far to Germany for more than 15 months. Especially applicants from emerging and developing countries are strongly encouraged to apply.