Youth Development Grants for Grassroots NGOs
The Youth for International Development has announced youth development grants for grassroots organizationswhich are best positioned to reach youths and provide them with programs and services in priority areas ofentrepreneurship, agribusiness, health (HIV/AIDS & underage pregnant girls), environmental innovative initiatives and capacity development.
Youth for International Development is committed to achieving sustainable youth development. Through itsgrant making, it supports innovative organizations, youthgroups and Community Based Organizations that are working towards empowering youths through various programmes and initiatives to reduce poverty, createemployment, free expression, development and implementation of youth policies at national level, promote democratic values, improve the environmentthrough various environmental programmes. When making grants, it thinks about long-term strategies, knowing that lasting social and economic change among the youth can only be achieved through efforts of all stakeholders in the field of youth empowerment.
The following is a list of projects and programmes that fall under this grants programme;
- Workshops, forums and conferences whose outcome is aimed at economically and socially empowering the youth in a specific region or country.
- After-school programmes
- Youth athletic leagues that use their sports to bring young people together to support community development.
- Self-Help groups that are currently engaged with an economic eventure(s) or those that have innovative ideaswhose outcome is creation of jobs among the youth.
- Environmental programmes implemented by youth organizations – you must clearly describe how young people involvement will assist in ensuring that there will be sustainable outcomes.
- Operational costs for youth organizations only
- Capacity Building
- Peace Building
- Exchange programmes – cultural and educational only.
Source: Fundsfor orgs