Rotary International ‘Peace Fellowship’ 2014
Rotary International is inviting applications from individuals around the world with strong commitment to international understanding and peace, demonstrated through professional and academic achievements and personal and community service for Rotary Peace Fellowship 2014. The main objective of the peace fellowship is to offer the world’s most dedicated and brightest professionals an opportunity to study at Rotary Peace Centers and make a significant impact on the world by promoting tolerance and cooperation.
Rotary Peace Fellowship covers tuition and fees, room and board, round-trip transportation, and all internship/field study expenses.
Types of Fellowships –
- Master’s Degree related to Peace and Conflict Resolution and Prevention – up to 50 awards for 15-24 months course.
- Professional Development Certificate related to Peace and Conflict Resolution – up to 50 awards for 3-months program.
Eligibility Criteria –
- Applicants must hold a bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience (at a minimum) with strong academic achievement.
- Applicants for Master’s Degree must have 3 years of paid or unpaid work experience in the relevant field.
- Applicants for Professional Development Certificate must have minimum of 5-years work experience and must be current full-time employee in a mid- to upper-level position.
- Active and honorary Rotarians; employees of a Rotary club, Rotary district, Rotary International, or other Rotary entity; Spouses, lineal descendants (children or grandchildren by blood or legal adoption), spouses of lineal descendants, or ancestors (parents or grandparents by blood) of any living person in the stated categories; and former Rotarians and their relatives as described (within 36 months of resignation) are not eligible to apply for the fellowship program.
Applicants can also submit applications to local club, the deadline for the local clubs vary in between March to June. The above mentioned deadline is to apply to Rotary International.
For more information, please visit Rotary Peace Fellowship Announcement page.