Do you belong to East Africa? Apply for Acumen East Africa Fellows Program
The Acumen is currently accepting applications for two regional fellowship programs namely – East Africa Fellows Program and India Fellows Program. Acumen Pakistan Fellows Program will open on 1 August 2014. The Acumen aims to create an interconnected web of global leaders who share values, collaborate with each other, and drive change through the fellowship program.
The fellows, who remain in their own job, come together every 6-8 weeks for a series of 5 seminars. These seminars are focused on developing the skills needed to be the next generation of social change leaders.
Foundations of Leadership
Adaptive Leadership & Moral Imagination
Financial & Operational Skills
Leading into the Future
During the fellowship period of one year, the fellows will engage in deep reflection, challenge their assumptions about the world, and strengthen their moral compass.
– Applicants must be from the following countries – Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, Burundi, South Sudan, or Ethiopia.
– Applicants can be individuals who are working to end poverty in their community through some kind of social change project. They can also be entrepreneurs who started their own organization, or individuals who are influencing change within an existing organization.
– Applicants can be of any age and educational levels.
– Applicants must be proficient in English.
– Fellows must demonstrate strong personal integrity, unrelenting perseverance, and moral imagination.
– Fellows must be ready and willing to undergo an intensive year-long personal transformation and leadership journey.
Applications must be submitted via online application process. The application consists of background information, resume/CV, and short and long answer questions.
Deadline: 8 September 2014
Please read about the India Fellows Program.
For more information, please visit East Africa Fellowship.