SEARCA Graduate Scholarships in Agriculture and Related Sciences
The Southeast Asian Regional Center for Graduate Study and Research in Agriculture (SEARCA) invites graduate students from Southeast Asian countries to apply for scholarship. The graduate scholarship (MS and PhD) in the field of Agriculture and related sciences (including biological sicences, fishery, environmental science, statistics, forestry and social sciences) are encouraged to complete the SEARCA scholarship application form and send along with other required documents to the Ministries of Education/Higher Education of their respective countries. The ministries have their own deadline, the deadline for ministries to endorse applications to SEARCA is 30 September 2015.
The scholarship covers tuition, international and domestic travel allowance, thesis/dissertation support, book allowance, and health insurance. The scholars also receive stipend.
Priority Thrust: Natural Resources Management and Agricultural Competitiveness
Priority Themes & Focus Areas
- Social Inclusion
- Strengthening of Value Chains and Agribusiness Commodity Systems
- Integration of small-scale farmers into commercial food systems
- Food and Nutrition Security
- Productivity-enhancing innovations and modern technologies
- Rural entrepreneurship toward off-farm and non-farm businesses
- Environmental Sustainability
- Climate change adaptation and resiliency
- Natural Resource Management
- Cross-cutting Concerns
- Sub-regional cooperation in trade and investments
- Regional Economic Integration (AFTA and AEC 2015)
Government Policies, Institutions, and Governance Mechanisms/Reforms that can address and redress rural poverty, inequitable growth, and environmental degradation
- Institut Pertanian Bogor (IPB), Bogor, Indonesia
- Universitas Gadjah Mada (UGM), Yogyakarta, Indonesia
- Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM), Selangor, Malaysia
- Kasetsart University (KU), Bangkok, Thailand
- University of the Philippines Los Baños (UPLB), Laguna, Philippines
- University of the Philippines Diliman (UPD), Quezon City, Philippines
- University of the Philippines Visayas (UPV), Iloilo, Philippines
- Applicants must belong to one of the following countries – Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Myanmar, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Timor-Leste, and Vietnam.
- Applicants must be regular employees of academic, research or government institutions.
- Applicants can be maximum 35 years of age at the time of application.
- Applicants field of study must be one of the following – agriculture, biological sciences, fishery, environmental science, statistics, forestry, and social sciences.
- The applicant’s topic of research for thesis/dissertation must be in line with any of SEARCA’s priority thrusts.
- Applicants must have sent applications for admission to three of the study posts listed above.
Complete application materials include – SEARCA Scholarship application form, letter of admission/acceptance from SEARCA-accredited university (highly preferred). If there is no acceptance letter, applicants must submit accomplished application forms for admission to the Graduate School of the universities where s/he may pursue graduate studies under SEARCA scholarship, official transcript of degree completed, certification of employment, brief thesis/dissertation description, two copies of passport-size pictures of applicant, curriculum vitae, health certification, official endorsement from the employer, TOEFL results issued by Princeton, New Jersey, USA.
For more information, please visit SEARCA Graduate Scholarship.