Applications are invited for INSEAD Nelson Mandela Endowed Scholarship for July 2017 intake. Scholarship has a value of up to €20,000. To be eligible for this scholarship, candidates must be a national of a sub-Saharan African country and have spent a substantial part of their lives and received part of their prior education in Africa. Preference will be given to candidates who require proven financial assistance. The application deadline is 9 November 2015.
Study Subject(s): Scholarship is awarded to study MBA programme.
Course Level: Scholarship is available for pursuing masters’ degree level at INSEAD Campuses.
Scholarship Provider: INSEAD
Scholarship can be taken at: INSEAD Campuses
Eligibility: To be eligible for the INSEAD Nelson Mandela Endowed Scholarship, candidates must be a national of a sub-Saharan African country and have spent a substantial part of their lives and received part of their prior education in Africa. Preference will be given to candidates who require proven financial assistance.
Scholarship Open for Students of Following Countries: Students of Sub-Saharan Africa (Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Chad, Congo (Brazzaville), Congo (DRC-Kinshasa), Ethiopia, Ghana, Ivory Coast, Kenya, Lesotho, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Senegal, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Swaziland, Tanzania , Togo, Uganda and Zambia) can apply for this INSEAD Nelson Mandela Endowed Scholarship.
Scholarship Description: INSEAD To honour the life and work of President Nelson Mandela of South Africa, the INSEAD MBA Class of ’75 created an endowment at their 30th Class Reunion to provide financial support for one or more African participants per year at INSEAD in perpetuity. At their 5th reunion the Class of ’01J contributed to this important scholarship fund, as did the Class of ’97D on the occasion of their 10th reunion and the Class of ’69 at their 40th reunion.
Number of awards: Not Known
Duration of award(s): Not Known
What does it cover? Scholarship has a value of up to €20,000.
Selection Criteria: Preference will be given to candidates who require proven financial assistance.
Notification: Applicants will be notified by 7 December 2015.
How to Apply: Applications should be submitted online.
Scholarship Application Deadline: The deadline for MBA Scholarship applications is 9 November 2015.
Read more: INSEAD Nelson Mandela Endowed Scholarship, 2017 Scholarship Positions 2015 2016
The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation invites pre-proposals for agricultural research projects led by MSc and PhD scientists at national agricultural research institutions and universities in sub-Saharan Africa. The research projects relevant to staple crops grown in Africa with the potential to increase the sustainable productivity of smallholder farmers are being accepted under this call. Through this grant, Gates Foundation aims to reduce hunger and poverty for millions of farming families in Sub-Saharan Africa by increasing agricultural productivity in a sustainable way.
- Applicant must be an African scientist in sub-Saharan Africa or planning to relocate to sub-Saharan Africa to implement the proposed project.
- Applicant must identify a local host institution (a national agricultural research institute or university).
- Applicants must involve a partnership with at least one international research collaborator (research partner can reside in any country other than the applicant’s home country, and may include collaborations within Africa).
- Applicant must have at minimum an MSc degree.
- Applicant must be able to devote at least 70% of their time to lead the proposed project.
- Proposed project must align with the Agricultural Development team’s strategy relevant to staple crops grown in Africa.
- Proposal must demonstrate clear design and implementation plan.
- Applicant must clearly propose a research project with the potential to substantially increase the sustainable productivity of smallholder farmers in developing countries within the next 5-20 years.
- Applicant must have a project duration of 4 years or less.
For more information, please visit RFP Summary.